Keskustelut Tekniikka The future of chainsaws Vastaa aiheeseen: The future of chainsaws

Vastaa aiheeseen: The future of chainsaws

Keskustelut Tekniikka The future of chainsaws Vastaa aiheeseen: The future of chainsaws

Tilley

Responded to the survey. The survey could have used a bit more fine-tuning, though. The questions were a bit leading and some questions lacked notable answer options. Probably the results will be exactly what you wanted, because there wasn’t really much room for unexpected results.

But relating to the actual question of future of chainsaws, I think it is inevitable that the battery-powered electric chainsaws will increase their market share in the future. As Puuki mentioned, the improvement in battery technology will be the greatest drive factor. The price gap will Still be there for a very long time, however. But in some point the advantages of battery-powered saws will outweigh the price difference. For example the virtually free running costs, no flammable liquids to transport and handle,  and less parts to Service are all major benefits of battery saws.

I’ve looked at the Stihl battery saws, and their chain speeds already nearly match those with an internal combustion engine. I reckon my next saw will probably be a battery-powered one.