We are now looking for a Graduate, Forest Operations to join our UPM Forest Russia and Baltic countries wood sourcing team. Home location of the position will be in Lappeenranta, Finland.
The UPM Graduate Programme gives your career a whirlwind start with many opportunities for the future development. During the programme you gain an international work experience and develop your skills to a new level. Experienced and inspiring UPM manager mentors provide coaching for the trainees throughout the programme. At UPM, we are inspired by the limitless opportunities of bioeconomy and constantly innovating for new renewable and responsible solutions. Read more at www.upm.com/graduate and join us on this exciting path!
Greetings from your future colleague
“Welcome to our international team to learn and develop your skills in a rapidly changing environment. We are a relatively small but very effective team with good team spirit and clear targets. Warm welcome to our team, we are looking forward to meeting with you!” – Seppo Martikainen, Manager, Operations, Russia and Baltics
What you will do
- During your Graduate path you will work primarily with Russian wood sourcing
- You will get to know wood sourcing as well as wood receival and mill yard operations at UPM mills in Finland and Russia
- You will also support wood value chain calculations, wood allocation, optimization, purchasing and logistics
- You are part of UPM Forest, Russia and Baltic countries team
Who you are
- You have a relevant University degree, preferably Master’s Degree in Forestry or Logistics
- You are ready to work in a continuously changing international environment and have willingness to take initiative and challenges
- You have high motivation and excellent team working skills, even if you are also able to work independently
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and writing)
- You are fluent both in spoken and written English and have a good command of Finnish and Russian languages
- You are flexible and ready to travel and relocate in Finland and Russia
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Please note that if the international circumstances allow, the UPM Graduate Programme will send you for assignments in other UPM locations.
The UPM Graduate Programme is a paid internship.
For further information about the position, please contact Markus Rantavaara, Director, Wood Sourcing, Russia and Baltics, at email@example.com or tel. +79219732328.
Are you interested in this position? Send your application via the link and attach your CV and cover letter latest by February 28, 2022.
Please note that we will go through the applications already during the application period and we might invite candidates for interviews before the end of the application time.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM Forest procures the wood raw material to UPM mills in Finland, Russia and the Baltic countries. Majority of the wood is purchased from the private forest owners in Finland to whom we also offer a versatile range of forestry and expert services. Furthermore, we manage the UPM-owned forests and the forests of our partner customers in Finland.